Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wet Twist Out

So I decided to try and do a wet twist out because normally I blow dry my hair then twist it (see previous posts).  This time, I washed and conditioned my hair, once I rinsed the conditioner out, I did not blow dry it.  My hair is somewhere between a 3c/4a texture.



Next, I saturated my hair with a leave in conditioner by "B Smooth."  It's a creamy conditioner.  I kept a spray bottle on hand, and parted my hair from ear to ear.  I put the back half into a butterfly clip, and began to twist the front. 




I did about 10 twists in the front and 8 in the back this time. I kept a spray bottle of water with me to re-saturate the hair once it began to air dry.



Once that was completed, I sat under my hair dryer for about 45 minutes so that it would dry completely (I didnt have time for it to air dry).  And here is the finished product...


 This is how I will be doing my twist outs from now on, mostly because It took me less time to twist it while it was wet, and I didnt lose any hair.  Before, when I would blow dry it first before twisting, I noticed more shedding.  The best way for hair growth is to stay healthy and try and maintain the hair that you have. Thought wet twist outs make the hair look shorter, it is healthier for the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment