Sunday, February 14, 2010

Comfortably Me

I've decided to start this blog to speak about my journey of being comfortable simply being me. Alot of us are unhealthy with the way we look on the outside and it begins to overshadow what we feel about ourselves on the inside. I've decided that instead of me being unhappy with how I look and feel about my outer appearance, I could do something about it. Finding your personal "style" can be somewhat difficult if you dont know where to start. Well, experimentation is key. Over the years I have tried many styles of which none of them really fit me. But I have been told that I have this sexy/classy/diva style thing going, and honestly I love to just feel pretty. However, I've been in law school for a little over 2.5 years and my style has suffered enormously. Partly because of laziness and the other part because I've lost 25 pounds. None of the clothes I used to wear fit me anymore. It's been difficult because I was so used to upholding this standard of how I dressed and being in school has left me unable to afford much of what I used to accomplish via my outer appearance. And im going to go to the store today, find some cute and affordable clothing and begin my journey back to me.





HAIR!!!!! Not to mention, I am transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, for the second time around. Sometimes my hair just does not want to cooperate, and putting heat into it constantly is simply not an option. Im going to take the next couple a months and attempt to go heat free by doing twist-outs, braid outs and etc. I havent relaxed my hair since October 2008, which is about 16 months ago.




Exercise- Whew, I've been doing a lot of that lately. Im just a little over 4'11" but im not quite 5'. When I came to law school I averaged between 128 and 130. Now I maintain a weight of 106 to about 109. I lost the weight due to stress from school and I was sick for a short while. I will not recommend for anyone to lose weight in that fashion. I was very lazy about exercise and my body for a while, why? Because it simply was not fun for me. However, fun should not be so much of a factor when we should be taking care of ourselves and our bodies. We only get one. It is our temple. What we do for it now will affect us later in life, and maybe even sooner than we think. The picture at the top was taken in 2005, the picture below is a more recent picture.




My purpose- I want to devote this blog to my journey in staying mentally, and physically healthy throughout my law school career (though it's the end of it), and life after law school. I will keep you updated on my transition to natural hair as well. We all have busy lives in some form or fashion but it is important to feel comfortable in our skin as well as maintain great health for our mental and physical bodies.

I am not licensed in psychology, medicine, nutrition or the like, I am simply speaking from experience and from the things that I do and will do to accomplish my goals. Anyhow, stay tuned for more, I am excited, and I hope that you will enjoy and gain great insight from this blog.

I also have another blog here at caoimhesessence@blogspot.com. (it's moreso a journal, insightful, everyday life type of blog) You can join me there for spiritual advise/opinions, to vent, to read poetry (I can be a little creative). Just follow me!

Until we meet again, may His peace be with you!

Caoimhe

1 comment: